Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meg's potty training


So for a few weeks now Meg has been totally ready to be potty trained, but I haven't been.    I don't have a choice.  I cannot have 3 kids in diapers, so today was the day.   We got the magic potty out and took Meg's clothes off, she sat down and went to the bathroom.   We were all shocked.   She was so proud of herself.   We all screamed and did the potty dance.  Yeah, I'm hot dancing at the stage of pregnancy.   She got a chocolate chip and put a sticker on her chart and she thought she was pretty cool.   It was so funny.   After that she kept saying "go potty" and she would run and sit down and pee.  She was naked all day long.  She did have one accident when we went to the park tonight.  I put her in training pants and she pooped in them.  I knew that was coming.   Overall, it was a very successful day.    Tate on the other did make some progress today. 
Every time I even would mention going pee pee on the potty he would say "No potty and no panties".   But today he was so jealous of the candy Meg was getting her kept saying "diaper off" and would sit down then ask for the candy without doing anything.  I will try him again in a few weeks.   One down one to go.

2 comments:

Brenna LaPray said...

Way to go Meg!!

Don't worry, I'm a sucker for matching dresses too. I agree, they do look adorable!

crystal said...

It's so hard to believe the twins are potty training age! Sheesh, time flies. I must be a geezer, 'cause geezers always say that.