Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kauai, HI

The beautiful Kalauea lighthouse.   The view from the lighthouse was amazing
Waimea falls.   We wanted to hike down, but it was a 4 hour rough terrain hike.   I am not ready to go into labor this early and have a baby in Hawaii, so we didn't go.

Na Pali coast line.   This was my favorite place that we saw.   The picture doesn't do it justice.
Eating at Dukes in our hotel.   We ate here three times.  It was so yummy.
Spouting Horn.   We were able to see sea turtles, but couldn't get a good picture of them.

So Sean and I had the chance to go to Kauai for a week.  Our original plan was to go there for our 10 year anniversary which is in November.   Then when I got pregnant that kinda changed things.  So we decided to go just a few months earlier to celebrate it.   We were lucky to have my in-laws come the first half of the week to watch the kids and then my parents for the last half of the week.
We had a blast and it was so weird to be away from the kids that long.  Ever since the twins were born, I have been going 100 miles an hour, so it was so nice to get away and relax.   The only downfall was, since I am in my last trimester we couldn't do a lot of the activities that we had planned on.   We were able to do some awesome hikes, site seeing and of course laying on the beach and snorkeling.   Thank you to such great parents for taking on our kids.  I know that they all went home exhausted, but we really appreciate it.

2 comments:

lvs2dance said...

one word.....JEALOUS!!!! That is awesome that you got to go and do that! You look great btw!

Unknown said...

Alot of those images look familiar :) since we were there only a week ago. I think next time we will leave Lucas home. He was sick during the trip but overall we had a fun time as a family. Looks like you guys has and awesome time as well.:)