Thursday, August 7, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!!!

So the day finally arrived.  Yesterday was Avery's first day of school.  In AZ most of the schools are all day kindergarten, so Avery goes all day.    I can't believe that she is old enough to go to school.   I have had lunch every day with my little sidekick for the last 5 1/2 years.   We have done everything together.    It is crazy that she is in school!
The day started great.  Avery was super excited.   We got to school and made it to her class and my friend was already bawling.   Then to my surprise I started crying too.   What the heak is wrong with me?   I never could understand all these moms who would cry when their kid went to school.   I said I would never do that.  Yeah right.  I also said 10 years ago that I would never live in Arizona.   Ha!   Anyway, so yeah I'm a big boob!   I was able to contain myself and give Avery a hug and be on my way.   She had a great first day and doesn't want me to take her to school anymore.   She wants to ride the bus every day.   She is very outgoing which I would rather have than her bawling and not wanting to go and leave me, but come on girl!   Give your mama some time!   Needless to say she did ride the bus today.  My friend followed the bus and made sure our kids made it safe and sound.  If she wouldn't have followed the bus, I was going to.  Are we crazy or what?   Just caring moms I guess.    Way to go Avery!!  We are so proud of you!!!

5 comments:

Kayleen said...

OH yay! Thanks for leaving me a comment. I didn't know you were a blogger! It's so good to see you little family!

Heather said...

That is a hard day! I'll be missing my boys all day this year as they start 1st grade. She looks darling, and I'm sure she is loving it! I just volunteered a lot so I could go in and be with my boys.

crystal said...

I cried, too--when both Max & Isabelle began kindergarten. It's the first in a LONG list of heart-wrenching milestones. Hate to tell ya. Stock up on the kleenex.

It just means we've got mommy soft hearts :)

First grade is harder. It sucks. Take a valium that day.

She's so cute on her 1st day!!! Where'd you get that outfit???

crystal said...

Just WAIT 'til baptism day! I wasn't prepared for the tears on that day.

lvs2dance said...

I agree with Crystal, baptism day is hard...
Oh Amberly, she is so grown up! I still think of her as the two year old with the ouchy diaper rash! You can tell that you are a first time mom, I am counting down the days my kids GO to school. Sienna was a tough one to watch get on the bus though, it does get easier with the other ones. Cute post!