Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Big 2!!!






Yes, the day finally arrived.  January 9th the twins turned 2.    I remember talking to mothers of twins and they told me that the first 2 years were the worst.  Honestly, the first year is all a blur and the second was a little trying at times.    So my parents came from Utah to celebrate their birthday.   We played during the day and had cake and ice cream that night.   We invited Meg and Tate's little friends to come over to get high on sugar and it was fun.   They definitely knew that the day was about them, but didn't really know why.  When we were singing to them Tate was holding him his finger and kind of leading us and would say to you.   It was adorable.   They both kept touching the cake and couldn't wait to dive it.  When I ask them how old they are, they both hold one finger up and say 2.   Happy Birthday to my favorite twins!  I love you guys!


4 comments:

Brenna LaPray said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so jealous. I wish mine were two. I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy this journey, right... Tate and Meg are too cute.

Carla said...

Happy Birthday, I can't believe they are 2 already. I also still can't believe you are having another one. I hope it is going okay. oh, to answer your question we are having a boy.

lvs2dance said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDOS! That is fun that your parents got to join in! So I have to ask...is there a reason why you have TWO baby countdown thingys?? Are you having twins AGAIN? What the........

Amberly said...

No way! I'm only having one, thank goodness. I don't know if I could do it again. I got a little excited and put the baby on twice. Probably out of habit.